Precast Counterfort Retaining Walls
The true innovation behind Elevate’s Precast Counterfort wall is the extremely accelerated construction afforded by the use of on-site backfill, full-height construction, and prefabricated/modular structural members. While traditional retaining wall systems stabilize backfill with soil reinforcing elements like steel strips or geogrid, the Elevate Precast Counterfort Wall System provides an extremely stiff & sustainable design without the use of soil reinforcements that can corrode and degrade over time.
Innovation for Today’s Infrastructure
The speed, sustainability, efficiency, & versatility inherent in our Precast Counterfort Wall System are also characteristic of the team at Elevate Infrastructure. We partner with engineers & site owners to provide design & estimating services for use in site development. We also pride ourselves on working together with contractors to ensure a smooth, on-time construction schedule.
All of the structural members of the wall are prefabricated at a local precast facility. Each wall segment has two components—a base/footing & a wall panel. Once the base is set on grade, the full height panel is installed. After the two components are grouted together, the only thing left to do is place backfill to finished grade. Here are some of the reasons why contractors & engineers choose Precast Counterfort Walls:
- Wall construction is more than 3x faster compared to other modular wall systems
- No select granular fill is required in the backfill zone
- Lack of steel soil reinforcements makes Precast Counterfort ideal for railway design
- Customizable design easily navigates issues like utilities, right-of-way, and bearing
- Excavation limits are far less than other wall systems which require select granular backfill
- Face panels span from bottom of wall to top of grade
- Large precast facing units allow for formliners & other aesthetic considerations